Sneakersnstuff - or SNS - is a global retail experience founded in 1999 by Erik Fagerlind and Peter Jansson. Sneakersnstuff first opened its doors on March 26th, 1999 in Stockholm and launched its webstore, www.sneakersnstuff.com in May 2000. Two decades later, Sneakersnstuff is located in Stockholm, London, Berlin, Paris, New York City and most recently in Los Angeles in early 2019. The next store opening is set for Tokyo in the winter of 2019.
As Sneakersnstuff continues to grow we are searching for an Online Communication Representative to be based in Tokyo, Japan.
The primary purpose of this role is to answer customer queries via e-mail, telephone and on social media, handle Community Management on our local social media platforms as well as translating content provided by our Content Team from English to Japanese.
As SNS sells worldwide and has a large customer base in Japan we are at this stage looking to hire a dynamic individual who can assist us with communication in multiple sections of the company.
The scope of the role will include:
- Interact with customers via inbound e-mails, telephone calls and on our social media platforms to provide information and assistance
- Be proactive and responsive on our local social media platforms by interacting with our followers and key social media individuals, as well as gathering data on Sneakersnstuff related interactions
- Translation and copywriting for selected content such as product descriptions, e-mails, website content and press releases from English to Japanese
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
- 1+ year experience from Customer Service and/or the hospitality industry
- A passion for language structures with previous experience in translating written text
- A passion for and deep knowledge of the sneaker culture and fashion industry
Preferred but not required
- Knowledge of online management systems and/or customer service software
- Fluent in a third language (French, German, Korean or Spanish)
This role will suit someone who is a dynamic person that doesn’t mind a bit of multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment. You need to be service minded, internet/social media savvy and know how to communicate with a targeted audience. You also need to be self-motivated and driven.
If you think this dynamic role will suit you then please feel free to apply!