Sneakersnstuff - or SNS for short - is a global retail experience founded in 1999 by Erik Fagerlind and Peter Jansson. Sneakersnstuff first opened its doors on March 26th, 1999 in Stockholm with the launch of the webstore, www.sneakersnstuff.com launching in May 2000. Two decades later, Sneakersnstuff is located in Stockholm, London, Berlin, Paris, New York City and Los Angeles.
The City Activation Manager Role
Sneakersnstuff is locally connected with a global reach and this is something we’re always working on and building towards. Connecting locally with creators, sneaker lovers, community and the culture is one of our most important cornerstones that we do through working with a great team of passionate staff and with activations in store as well as in and around our cities. Our activations range from in-store installations, exhibitions, workshops, events and gigs to sports club activities, fashion week events, brand projects and campaigns.
Sneakersnstuff is all about sneakers and community and in addition to our stores we also have a nightclub in Berlin, a bar in NYC and other slightly unusual activation areas/venues in our key cities.
We’re now searching for a production savvy Activation Manager in LA.
City Activation Manager’s responsibilities:
- Work closely with Brand Activation Lead and HQ to develop local marketing and activation plans: based in global initiatives but with regional and local relevance
- Activate the store - product, brand or culturally related - on a regular basis
- Produce activations suited for the local market and based on annual cultural calendar
- Production: hands on production or leadership of production crew to execute plans – extensive production skills is key
- Connect and co-create activities and projects with local artists, creators, athletes and teams
- Minimum 7-10 years industry experience with brand activations and/or cultural marketing
- Excellent production capabilities and a portfolio / references to show is key for the role
- Strong communication and leadership skills: key for productions, communicating with HQ and partners & creatives
- Locally connected: has a solid network of creators/producers/talent in the city of the role
- Previous experience in working with international brands, artists and creators
- Great team player and open to collaborate across functions within the company
- Driven and open to work all the way from planning to execution of activations
- A good eye for culture and with a portfolio to show for this
Sneakersnstuff is a family oriented crew of good, humble and hard working people and we’re excited to grow our team with like minded people across the globe. If you feel you’re the one we’re searching for then don’t hesitate to apply!